-CALL FOR GERMANY-
ABOUT CONTACT ZONES
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
National and international Under 35 artists/companies.
The selected artists will be contacted by MAY 15TH .
WHO ARE WE?
– CONTACT ZONES
This call is promoted by “Contact Zones _performing arts in urban space”: an international and multidisciplinary project co-funded by Creative Europe Program (2018 > 2020).
– PEOPLE INVOLVED
3 countries are involved in the project: Italy, Germany, Denmark.
Contact Zones is promoted by:
- Ondadurto Teatro (Italy)
- Margine Operativo (Italy)
- Protagon (Germany)
- Danig Performing Arts Service (Denmark)
The partners host various festivals:
- inBorgo Festival – Ondadurto Teatro (Borgo Velino/Antrodoco – Italy)
- INEUROFF Festival – Ondadurto Teatro (Rome – Italy)
- Attraversamenti Multipli Festival – Margine Operativo (Rome – Italy)
- Sommerwerft – Protagon (Frankfurt – Germany)
- Winterwerft – Protagon (Frankfurt – Germany)
- IFTF – Protagon (Frankfurt – Germany)
- Bornholms Gadeteater Festival – Danig Performing Arts Service (Bornholm – Denmark)
- Passage Festival – Danig Performing Arts Service (Bornholm -Denmark)
– SPIRIT OF THE PROJECT
The key words / themes / concepts of the current Contact Zones edition are: crossbreeding, boundaries, trespassing.
Crossbreeding in art (and life) acts by reorganizing the spaces of action, thus enabling the emergence of new cooperation practices as well as new transnational and trans-local cultural expressions. All these new forms require and evoke new perspectives and a new cultural visions.
Crossbreeding is, at the same time, a theme/content of the project and its “form”.
The perspective of crossbreeding leads way to consideration among “gaps”, on areas of contact, on multiple points of view.
We propose to go beyond boundaries: the boundaries among different cultures, the boundaries among artistic genres, the boundaries between spectator and artistic action, between the “user” and the creator of the event.
The concept of “boundary” is not only a frontier that separates and divides, but also a common line through which differences meet and cultures communicate, the crossing of boundaries stimulates encounter, thanks to which the differences are made relative and new paths of discovery and knowledge originate.