UNDER 35 ARTISTS CALL
The project aims to present performances and new production of site-specific projects that develop in dialogue with the urban space / unconventional venue and interact with the local population or specific social groups.
ABOUT THE CALL
-WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for artists (individuals, companies or collectives) with these requirement:
- Under 35
- operating in contemporary performing arts.
The interested artists will have to propose us a site-specific performance.
The selected artists will be part of our festivals with their performance!
We are looking for dance / theater / contemporary circus / visual art / street art / music / multidisciplinary performances. All these genres can be fused together to create a dialogue between the DIFFERENT FORMS OF ART and try to “destroy” the borders and the existing boundaries among the ARTS.
ABOUT THE FESTIVALS
The selected artists will be hosted in one or more of our festivals.
For information about our festivals click here.
DO YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE?
You can propose us a site specific performance.
It doesn’t have to be a new production as long as it follows some few requirements that are important for the aims of Contact Zones.
- Artists must be under 35 (for companies 80% of the members must be Under 35 -it is considered Under 35 everyone turning 35 in 2019 or later, so everyone born in 1984 or later)
- The site-specific performance shall include an interaction with the local people or specific social groups.
- The site-specific performance shall include an interaction with the urban space / unusual venues.
- The site-specific performance shall include a free declination – in forms and / or in contents – on the three keywords of the project: Crossbreeding / Boundaries / Trespassing.
Indoor theater performances proposed for an outdoor replica will not be accepted
– CRITERIA FOR PERFORMANCE EVALUATION
All the applications will be analyzed by a group of international managers, artists,promoters, agents and professionals in the performing arts field.
The selected artists will be contacted by the chosen festival .
The judgment of the Examining Commission is unquestionable.
For the evaluation of the performances the following elements are taken into account:
- the correspondence of the performances presented to the requirements and objectives of the call;
- clarity and precision in the presentation of the project;
- the project consistency;
- the project feasibility;
- due to the characteristics of the call, flexibility is required in case the performances will need revisions.
HOW TO APPLY
If you or your company think that one of your performances complies with our call and you want to propose it, you just need to fill the following section!
You can propose only one performance.
You can either choose one of the 4 cities foreseen by the project or decide to apply for all 4 cities.
If you want to apply click here
ABOUT THE BUDGETS
Fee/ budget depends on the project proposed by the artist(s) and on the number of the artists involved in each project.
It is set
– For National artists: a maximum for group of 2.000 €
– For International artists a maximum for group of 3.000 €
Nota Bene: For special projects, the budget will be discussed with the host organization
The budget for travel expenses are to be agreed.
Technical assistance and equipments are provided by the host organization on the basis of the tech list of each venues (special tech necessities have to be approved by the host organization)
Send your application to one (or more) of these emails (depending on your chosen city/ies):
BORGO VELINO / ANTRODOCO / ROME – Ondadurto Teatro
ROME – Margine Operativo
FRANKFURT AM MAIN – Protagon
BORNHOLM – Danig Performing Arts Service