UNDER 35 ARTISTS CALL
The project aims to host artists Under 35 and to welcome them in our residencies helping the creation of new productions of site-specific projects that develop in dialogue with the urban space / unconventional venues and interact with the local population or specific social groups.
To give priority to multidisciplinary performances, the projects proposed can be: site-specific projects / projects of theater / contemporary circus / dance / music / visual art / street art.
We want to create a dialogue between the DIFFERENT FORMS OF ART and try to “destroy” the borders and the existing boundaries between ARTS.
ABOUT THE CALL
-WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for artists (individuals, companies or collectives) with these requirements:
- Under 35
- operating in contemporary performing arts.
The interested artists will have to propose a project to be created during our residencies.
We look for a site-specific project that can be created through one artistic residency and that proposes a free declination – in form and / or in contents – on the three keywords of the project: Crossbreeding / Boundaries / Trespassing.
ABOUT THE RESIDENCIES
We host four residencies where we will host the selected artists.;
For the selected artists (singles, companies, collectives) the duration for each residency is of 07/15 days.
At the end there will be the opportunity to make a public presentation of the work done during the residency with a performance / event.
Some residencies are directly part of the festivals hosted by the partners
You can apply only for one city.
For information about location / duration / conditions offered for each residency click here
DO YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE?
You can propose a project that can be created through one of our artistic residency.
The project must follow some few requirements that are important for the aims of Contact Zones.
and that propose a free declination – in form and / or in contents – on the three keywords of the project: Crossbreeding / Boundaries / Trespassing.
- Artists must be under 35 (for companies 80% of the members must be Under 35 – it is considered Under 35 everyone turning 35 in 2019 or later, so everyone born in 1984 or later)
- The project must be designed for urban spaces and / or unconventional venues.
- It is very important to have an interaction and cooperation within the local community during the creation process (for example using stories from interviews with local communities and “staging”, or using voices recorded by local people who will become the soundtrack of a show specific, etc.)
- The project shall include a free declination – in forms and / or in contents – on the three keywords of the project: Crossbreeding / Boundaries / Trespassing.
Project designed for indoor theater will not be accepted
– CRITERIA FOR PROJECT EVALUATION
All the applications will be analyzed by a group of international managers, artists, promoters, agents and professionals in the performing arts field;
The selected artists will be contacted by the chosen festival .
The judgment of the Examining Commission is unquestionable.
For the evaluation of the projects the following elements are taken into account:
- the correspondence of the projects presented to the requirements and objectives of the call;
- clarity and precision in the presentation of the project;
- the project consistency;
- the project feasibility;
- due to the characteristics of the call, flexibility is required in case the performances will need revisions.
HOW TO APPLY
If you or your company think that one of your projects complies with our call and you want to propose it to us, you just need to fill the following section!
You can propose only one project.
You can choose only one of the 4 cities foreseen by the project.
If you want to apply click here
ABOUT THE BUDGETS
Fee/ budget depends on the project proposed by the artist(s) and on the number of the artists involved in each project.
- for each group a suggested fee of 800 € / 1.000 €
Nota Bene: For special projects, the budget will be discussed with the host organization
The budget for travel expenses are to be agreed.
Technical assistance and equipments are provided by the host organization on the basis of the tech list of each venues (special tech necessities have to be approved by the host organization)
To send your application send it to one (or more) of these emails (depending on you chosen city/ies):
BORGO VELINO / ANTRODOCO – Ondadurto Teatro
ROMA – Margine Operativo
FRANKFURT AM MAIN – Protagon
BORNHOLM – Danig Performing Arts Service